It's almost 9pm on Sunday evening and I am EXHAUSTED.
As a working mom of two, I am used to relatively crazy weeks. But this past one was OFF THE CHAIN.
It started off with a wonderful Mother's Day - which also happened to be Bubba's 7th birthday. Monday and Tuesday I was out of the office in a training. I'm busy enough at work that I really don't need to be spending days on end out of the office. Really.
So back in the office I am busy, busy with meetings, projects, reports, etc., ETC. During lunch I'm running errands in preparation for the two birthday parties we just hosted this weekend - crafts from Michael's, balloon orders, treat bags.
In the evenings I am cleaning, grocery shopping and then, of course, NOT SLEEPING. You know how bad it is when I have 300 unread items in my Google Reader.
On top of this, RD (god love him) orders $200 worth of bark delivered on Thursday morning. I tell you, it looks terrific now, BUT, MAN; it took him awhile. We have a LARGE-ASS yard.
Of course on Saturday I couldn't just leave well enough alone with the princess tea party for Sis. My day looked like this:
- Brunch down the street at our friends
- Run back home and decorate Barbie cake
- Host tea party for 6 little girls
- Get changed; go to Bubba's baseball game
- Run home and make oriental cabbage salad
- Go to park for BBQ with baseball families
- Wish I could have wine at the park
- Go to mall with 2 friends to use $25 Banana savings card
- Buy really cute pants
- Stop for a drink; wish it could have been 9
- Come home, collapse; yet somehow sleep wrong and wake up not being able to look to the left
And today, we held Bubba's party with 11 of his friends at a indoor entertainment-type place. Which, is short of my nightmare, but I have to say it wasn't that bad and everyone seemed to have a great time.
Of course, pictures to follow. I'm going to hold off until I can move my neck to the left.