1. A great parent/teacher conference. More on that later.
2. My DVR. We tried to leave Comcast and go with DirectTV (or some other satellite company) earlier in the summer and were told it was not possible due to the position of our house on our property and how wooded our property is. (DUH.) We then went with Verizon Fios, and so far, so good. We bundled phone, cable, and internet for less than we were paying for these with separate companies before. PLUS! We were able to add a DVR and we STILL saved over what we used to pay! I am LOVING the DVR - seriously, how did I ever live with without it? Now whenever I have to watch live TV and actually view commercials it feels like TIME IS BEING STOLEN FROM MY SOUL.
3. Finding new TV shows to watch on my shiny new DVR. I'm quickly making my way through the seasons of Bones. I've got 4 episodes waiting for me right now.
4. The kids maybe, possibly, finally learning how to swim. Hopefully.
5. Election returns that mean good things. Hopefully.
Want to join me? Wage a battle against embitterment and take part in 365 days of Grace in Small Things.