So, you many have heard about this little conference, BlogHer, that is happening this weekend in San Francisco. This means two things: the action around the internet is S-L-O-W and I am totally jealous about not being there.
But, alas, Daniella and I have made a pact to go next year. (BTW, Dani is FABULOUS - she has an adorable daughter about my daughter's age, she's an attorney, and her shoes? FLAWLESS.)
Here's the five things I'll be doing this weekend to take my mind off the fact that I'm not at BlogHer:
- Taking the kids to Solar Fest. Sustainable living, baby!
- Returning to the Nordstrom Sale. I dropped by today (not much real shopping, however) to meet a friend and her child for lunch. I've got my eyes on these in brown. Honestly, I don't really need any clothes (definitely no pants), so the shoes will probably be it, if anything.
- Paint a wall or two in my living room. Something in a light taupe ("Portabello" or "Craft Paper", perhaps?) from Sherwin Williams (my paint brand of choice).
- Babysit my friends' kids tomorrow night. This will actually be pretty easy, since they get along so well with my kids, as they basically grew up together in daycare. Bonus? We get a night of babysitting in return.
- Sleep in obnoxiously late on Sunday. I've been a single-parent since Sunday, and I'm ready for a break. Or at least a nap.
It's no fancy BlogHer schedule, that's for sure.